The Indian Himalayas Climate Adaptation Programme (IHCAP) under The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) was initiated in partnership with the Department of Science and Technology. This project on “Strengthening Science, Policy and Practice Platform for Climate Change Adaptation in the Indian Himalayan Region (lHR)’, extends from 18th august 2017- 31st October 2019
This programme aims to enhance knowledge about climate change issues in the Indian Himalayan Region and build capacities of research institutions, planners, scientists and other stakeholders to plan and implement climate change adaptation measures in many sectors. The programme also aligns with the National Action Plan on Climate Change and specifically, the National Mission on Sustaining Himalayan Ecosystem.
- Preparing a State of the Himalaya Report in the context of climate change and with reference to key sectors such as water, forests, agriculture, etc.
- The Department of Science and Technology has approved scaling up of climate change adaptation planning and implementation in the Himalayan states.
- Policy briefs and three thematic papers on climate change related issues being developed.
- Policy documents summarizing Integrated Risks and Vulnerability Assessment and adaptation planning in the Indian Himalayan Region for policymakers.
- Enhanced capacities on academic and public institutions to address climate change in the Indian Himalayan Region.